June is a big month. Hurricane season begins, the official start of summer, Father’s Day and school is out! Preparing for hurricane season can be overwhelming but it requires more than just boarding up windows. Having a plan in action and a preparation kit can reduce the chance of forgetting important details in a rush. Here are some tips we have put together:
1. Have a plan! Who is responsible for what? Pets? Seniors?
2. Stock emergency supplies – list can be found at https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
3. Prepare your property – Do you have hurricane shutters? Remove dead limbs.
4. Plan your evacuation. Know which routes are available. Pack important documents in a safe bag to bring along (homeowners insurance policy)
5. Create a home inventory- Allstate has a Digital Locker APP to help
Don’t forget flood insurance! Have questions? We can help! The time to prepare is now! Call 843-476-4805.